Thursday, January 23, 2020

Winter 2020

I've been thinking lately that I would really like to start shooting photos more regularly. I took a dark room photography class in 2018, just for fun, and it ended up helping me during a pretty difficult time in my life. It allowed me to use photography as a tremendous outlet for my grief when we lost my cousin. It also reminded me of how much I love and miss shooting photos regularly. It was interesting because of how different it was from my photojournalism coursework, and how far it strayed from everything I had learned at WKU. In a lot of ways it was freeing to be an artist rather than a journalist and to shoot photos of nature and the things I love rather than the strict parameters that journalists stick to. I got my new camera this summer, so the only thing that is stopping me is me. My commute to work these days is longer than it's been in the past but it is also incredibly beautiful. McHenry County Illinois is full of impressive Oak trees and a lot of undeveloped farm land. We recently got a huge snow and ice storm that left the landscape looking like a scene out of Fantasia. I'm contemplating starting a photo a day post again on Instagram in February. We shall see if I push myself to make the time for it.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers