Monday, January 2, 2012

A Michigan Interlude


While filing away photos from my dear friend Meg Fenton’s visit, I happened upon a folder of untoned photos from the summer of 2010.  Considering this blog is called Mitten Meets Shanghai, and Mitten represents my beloved home state Michigan I feel it is only appropriate to showcase them here.

The scenes may look familiar for those of you have been following me from the very beginning; they are photos from the UP or Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. All of the roosters and beautiful flowers and farm animals come from the Flower Lady’s Farm and Woolery located near Mackinaw City, MI at the tip of the Mit. For those of you who have been to St. Ignace in the summer she is responsible for all of the beautiful flowers planted downtown along the boardwalk. She sells the wool from her animals for crafting and knitting and has a truly unique and charming home. It was July 4th weekend and we celebrated my Aunt Sue’s retirement that weekend as well. I know it is long since passed, but the memories were too good not to share.

There are also photos of our neighbors the Fenneuff’s who often join us on adventures Up North, and it is nice to share a place that I have so many fond memories of as a child with another generation, and hopefully there will be more this summer. After my little vacation to the US in January my next trip home will be with Trent for his cousin’s wedding at the end of June. Hopefully, I will be spending Fourth of July in St. Ignace again this year but I have to wait and see how things go with scheduling and time off. Hopefully, this little piece of summer will warm up your winter wherever you are spending it and stay tuned for photos from Meg’s visit and our interesting adventures in and around Shanghai!






































No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers