Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Wisconsin On My Mind

Pre-blog post disclaimer: Those of you who are friends with me on Facebook know about my outrage over Wisconsin’s attempted claims to being a mitten state. Please don’t mistake this post as support for these outrageous claims by Wisconsin. Of course, everyone knows Michigan is the authentic Mitten State. For further clarification: http://news.yahoo.com/michigan-gives-thumbs-down-wis-mitten-campaign-233314300.html

Back to the blog:
The other part of my Fourth of July weekend from the summer of 2010 was spent in the beautiful little town of Elkhart Lake, WI. I promised these photos to Trent’s brother Ian over a year ago and I am FINALLY making good on that promise. For those of you who aren’t familiar these are photos of wake surfing and wake boarding. Wake surfing is possible by filling ballasts on one side of a boat to create a perfect continuous wave, the surfer starts out holding onto a short rope and then when they have their balance toss the rope back to the boat and surf along, or they do crazy tricks like Trent and our friends Adam and Jolene…showoffs! Wakeboarding is similar to water skiing but much easier and a lot more fun! We’re still searching for the wake boarding/wake surfing culture in China if you find it please let us know.  Also, Trent if you’re reading this and I described something wrong please feel free to add an annotation via comment. I am more of a groupie he is more of an expert!

These photos bring back a lot of really great memories. In fact this was the first time I met most of Trent’s immediate and extended family. They were so incredibly welcoming and I felt so lucky to be included in the Angermeier Family Reunion a tradition we will keep up for the third year in a row this summer, thankfully. These photos also make me miss Trent’s beautiful boat, which is wrapped up for winter, but waiting to go to a good home if anyone is interested. We had a lot of good memories and I finally got up the courage and successfully wake boarded for the first time on Elkhart Lake. I think this is the last of the photos that are long overdue to be published, but you never know what else I might find!





























No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers