Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Saying goodbye to Shanghai

After three eventful years in Shanghai Trent, Gus, and I packed our bags and headed back to the USA. Our next home will be in a suburb of Chicago. We're super excited for some new opportunities, fresh air, green spaces, and to be so close to the shores of Lake Michigan. (Ask me how excited I am about living in the path of lake effect snow around Januaryish and I might not be as enthusiastic.) After three years of working in marketing and communications at Shanghai American School, I've learned a lot and met some wonderful people. For the past year and a half I've had the pleasure of working with a really creative colleague. We worked on a very successful print ad campaign for the SAS graduating class of 2013 last year, you can see it here. So this year, we had to try and outdo ourselves. With a little bit more planning we pulled off a cohesive print and digital campaign that I'm really proud and excited to share. The print ad, which runs in local publications this month, is below. I wanted to have a heavy web presence this year since we launched our new site in February, and I wanted to have "shareable" content for social media purposes. So we created a special page on the site, which featured the experiences of 12 students to highlight the variety of opportunities our students have and the different options our students explore after high school. You can read their stories here: www.saschina.org/classof2014. My favorite part of the campaign were the words of wisdom that I gathered from current faculty and staff that our awesome graphic designer turned into mini works of art, they are also below. I shared these out on the different social channels in the days leading up to graduation. I'm really proud of the work I've accomplished in my three years at SAS. I developed and cultivated a social media marketing strategy that will continue to drive traffic to the new site. I was also able to design and roll out social media guidelines to make sure we have a healthy and beneficial online presence as a school community. I'm sad to be leaving this community, but really excited to tackle new opportunities and to be closer to friends and family in the US.











Shameless self promotion: I'm back in the US, so if you like the work that you see here I'm available for hire in the greater Chicago area and would love to help run your social media marketing presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers